Through raising awareness and educating the public and the BAME communities, FASKT aims to possibly achieve the following:
- To prevent kidney disease through the provision of enough information to the general public and the BAME communities to create awareness of kidney diseases.
- To create the awareness for the public and the BAME communities to attend regular kidney testing.
- To increase awareness of kidney disease so that those who have been diagnosed with kidney disease would start seeking for help earlier in the early stages of diagnosis.
- To provide practical emotional and moral support to patients diagnosed with kidney disease and their families, and also signposting to various health organisations and charities where they could get advice.
- To raise awareness of kidney disease and to encourage openness to talk about kidney disease and possible treatments. Kidney disease is common, harmful, and there are possible treatments.
- To provide a platform for patients in need of blood, kidney or organ transplant to launch campaigns that facilitate in recruiting potential donors.
- To promote deceased donation as well as living donation, and stem cell donation. There is a need for more Black donors for blood, organ – deceased and living, and stem cell donation to reduce the current inequalities.
- The objectives of the charity are not limited to the above mentioned objectives, however the trustees could amend as they see fit from time to time.